Even though TBS and TMS have various similarities, they do have some difference and they are:
- TBS cannot be used to treat OCD or PTSD as these rely on slow pulsing rTMS.
- TBS uses a faster pulsing setting in the TMS machine. While most new TMS machines can deliver both rTMS and TBS, some older TMS machines may not be able to deliver TBS.
- Due to the significant speed of TBS treatment, we can offer patients shorter treatment times, more flexibility and less frequent clinic visits.
- As TBS takes less time and resources and therefore benefits the consumer as cost savings are significant.
- TBS treatments time are very fast compared to rTMS. The latest rTMS treatment times are approximately 20 minutes while the same treatment can be delivered in TBS in 3 minutes.