Sydney TMS Clinics opened in February 2015 and specialises in depression treatment. TMS otherwise known as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation and provides a myriad of potential benefits to patients suffering with depression. TMS treatment is worthwhile considering if antidepressant medication treatments have failed to work. Here is a list of benefits associated with TMS treatment as presented by Sydney TMS Clinics:
- TMS is generally well tolerated and is a relatively safe treatment option for people suffering depression.
- TMS provides a medication free alternative. It does not cause common side effects often associated with medication like weight gain, sexual problems, tiredness, upset stomach or memory loss.
- TMS has relatively few mild side effects. Some side effects that may be experienced from time to time include mild headaches after treatment and scalp irritation.
- The treatment is non-invasive and does not involve any surgery. It does not require sedation so patients remain alert during the treatment session. Patients can continue on with their daily routine after the treatment is over.
- TMS is non-systemic and does not enter the blood stream.
- Sydney TMS Clinics offers outpatient consultation for patients. This means that patients can attend their treatment sessions without being hospitalised.
- Treatment is available for adults aged from 18 years of age and over. To see if you are a suitable patient for TMS please refer to our CHECKLIST.
- Treatment is conducted over a 4 to 6 week period and each session takes between 30 to 40 minutes. Patients generally take the treatment over 5 consecutive days throughout the week during the treatment period. Treatment periods will vary from patient to patient but generally patients require 20 to 30 treatment sessions.
- TMS treatment is currently being researched for a range of other diseases including Parkinsons, Tinnitus, Stroke, and Pain
- If you are anxious and would like to visit Sydney TMS Clinics to help you decide please make an appointment with our friendly staff.
Sydney TMS Clinics are located in Castle Hill and St Leonards and offer outpatient treatment for patients suffering with depression, who have failed two or more antidepressants. If you would like to know more about this innovative and effective depression treatment please contact the friendly staff at Sydney TMS 1300 177 144.
For some TMS has been described as “Nothing short of miracle“.
For your convenience a link to the Sydney TMS Clinics referral form is provided here CLICK HERE. Sydney TMS Clinics require a referral from your GP or treating psychiatrist. We suggest you take the form with you when you next visit your treating clinician next.