Is TMS for Me?
To find out if TMS treatment is something that you should consider more carefully, we suggest you refer to our basic checklist below.
- Do you suffer with depression? You can take the Goldberg depression test click here available on our site as an indicator. Please note: these results are a guide only and should be discussed further with your GP.
- Are you over 18 years of age? At this stage research is currently being conducted at Monash University in Melbourne and other places around the world. Until results have been published and approved, TMS treatment is unavailable for individuals under 18 years of age.
- Have you tried 2 or more different types of medication to treat your depression and not experienced any benefits as a result?
- Have you had side effects from the medications you have used in the past to treat your depression?
- Are you pregnant or be thinking about conceiving? If so TMS therapy has not yet been tested on pregnant women and therefore treatment is not recommended at this stage.
- Do you have implants? TMS therapy should NOT be used to treat patients with implants controlled by physiological signals (including pacemakers, vagus nerve stimulators (VNS) or implantable cardioverter defibrillators).
TMS treatment is a therapy that is still emerging and research is currently underway in relation to many areas as indicated above. If you are under 18 or pregnant, then it is not the right time for you to undergo TMS therapy at this present moment. However, we recommend you keep in touch with us and visit our website regularly, as we will be updating the information as it arrives. For more information about Monash Health and the Australia study regarding Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation as a Treatment for Depression in Adolescents click here
Our team members are more than happy to answer your questions and help you if you are asking the question, is TMS for me?